MP3 link: http://tinyurl.com/lnhyqph (right click and Save As)
Truly sad. Its blackmail by the federal
The Obama administration has issued a clear warning to the first state to drop the Common Core State Standards.
The U. S. Department of Education said in a letter to Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz that the state must prove its own standards are just as challenging, or else risk of losing its waiver from the Bush-era No Child Left Behind law and have its federal funding in jeopardy.
“Because the [Indiana Department of Education] will no longer implement those standards, IDOE must amend its [Elementary and Secondary Education Act] flexibility request and provide evidence that its new standards are certified by a state network of [Institutions of Higher Education] that students who meet the standards will not need remedial coursework at the postsecondary level,” the letter says.
Indiana is the first of the 44 states that adopted Common Core to repeal the controversial K-12 math and English…
View original post 19 more words
I never really understood why people just make up stories to get people going as you may know the Internet is full of such stories they include everything from little green people in to false flag attacks by governments. Some of these stories have truth to them; however the majority of what you read online in todays world is simply one person’s opinion so you really have to dig for the facts and do your own research on any given story including the stuff you see on the main stream news. Nowadays people in general have no problem lying to your face. Not to say that all conspiracy theories are lies, because someone’s opinion cannot be labeled a lie, they may be misinformed misled or one of many other factors. For the most part they believe it’s the truth, when they share that article or tell you that story. Most people’s brains are Hard wired to react to certain things and types of stories. But here I will list some things to watch out for when looking at any story.
- No supporting facts at all.
- Supporting facts or altered or skewed
- Completely fabricated facts. (e.g. Made up history)
- Facts that really don’t pertain to the story or article.
- Only certain words are sections taken from other ” facts”
And so now that we have went over a few things to look for, to show a flat out lie a here’s another list for your journey to the truth.
- Dig deep search for your own facts.
- Read inline referenced articles, there is a host of information there
- Try to find original articles, they are the ones that are usually the most factual
- Don’t let your brain overreact and jump to conclusions.
- Don’t spread around until after your research. That is how these huge conspiracy theories get started
- Just because a story sounds ridiculous and untrue or does not mean it is. Also even if the story seems legitimate, believable, and factual does not meet is.
And almost all of us at one time or another have shared something that turned out later to be a lap are false information, I know doing your own research takes more time, but it’s worth it in the end. So whether snakes are behind the whole global warming thing because they want to take over the world or people are fighting over cattle and land in Nevada; it’s best to hear both sides of the argument don’t draw conclusions based all only one side or one person’s opinion.